Saturday, October 6, 2012

Not Your Generic Introduction

Well folks, it is FINALLY HERE! The Dugout has come to blog form and will transform the virtual sports world forever! Hold on to your pants, because you are about to go on a magical journey with me, Derek Ficken, as I will talk about anything and everything there is to talk about with my two passions in life, music and sports! Are you excited? I sure am! HERE WE GO!


With this first post, I want to keep it basic and introduce myself if you do not know me. My name is Derek Ficken and I am a sports fanatic. I bleed for my teams, in every color they wear. I hate their rivals and I can be that guy that yells at the TV… sorry. I was born and raised in Fremont, California, which is a city close to the Bay Area. My dad raised me the right way in rooting for teams like the San Francisco 49ers, San Francisco Giants, Oakland A’s, Oakland Raiders, San Jose Sharks, and the Golden State Warriors. Unfortunately, I moved away at the age of 10 and moved to a little place named the DFW metroplex. Here, I started cheering for the Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, and Dallas Stars. To this day, I will always hate the Dallas Cowboys. That will never change. My friends think I do it to spite them but in fact, I do it because I am a 49er fan for life. Even though for my hatred of the Cowboys, I plan to cover them and talk about their season as it progresses. As I grew up a sports fan, I learned of a new passion in the world, and that is music. I am a jazz musician as well as a music freak. I listen to bands like Muse and Radiohead while listening to artists such as Erykah Badu and John Coltrane. I am all over the place when it comes to music and I plan to talk about many things going on in the music world, whether its comments on new albums or whatever. I want you, the reader and my audience, to come away with a sense of knowledge on things you did not know before you started reading my posts. I also want you to be engaged with me in the comments section below. I want you to fight me in words on how stupid I am for criticizing Josh Hamilton (which you will see in the next post) or how you agree with my stance on Mike Napoli (which will also be in the next post).


Please help me become better as I hope I can bring new thoughts and ideas to you. Thank you so much for taking the time to check this out and be on the lookout for my next post!


Peace and Love!
D

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should post about how your Giants are down 3-0 at home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it time Marco. We got a 5 game series. Calm down. Just wait for my post on your favorite team in baseball! :)

      Delete